Vipers Sellers Collective
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aussie Bushfires Contained

3 posters

Go down

Aussie Bushfires Contained Empty Aussie Bushfires Contained

Post by ClubEsquire-Melina Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:11 am

Our bushfires are now contained. I think it’s been one of the very worst fire seasons on record. Sadly, 34 people lost their lives along with over an estimated one billion of our precious fauna. 2,779 homes were destroyed. Many uninsured because of terribly high insurance costs. The rains came but far too late and then we suffered flooding and all that goes with it.

Some of the fatalities were our Glorious Firies who were at the front line trying to protect the rest of us. One I believe was a volunteer from a group of volunteers who came downunder from either Canada or America. Such brave men. 

I pay tribute to all of them and deep condolences to the families of those lost.

Below is a snapshot from Wiki...

As of 9 March 2020, the fires burnt an estimated 18.6 million hectares(46 million acres; 186,000 square kilometres; 72,000 square miles),[1] destroyed over 5,900 buildings (including 2,779 homes)[13] and killed at least 34 people.[14][15][16][17][18][b] An estimated one billion animals have been killed and some endangered species may be driven to extinction.[19][20][21] At its peak, air quality dropped to hazardous levels.[22] The cost of dealing with the bushfires is expected to exceed the A$4.4 billion of the 2009 Black Saturday fires,[23] and tourism sector revenues fell below more than A$1 billion.[24] By 7 January 2020, the smoke had moved approximately 11,000 kilometres (6,800 mi) across the South Pacific Ocean to Chile and Argentina.[25][26] As of 2 January 2020, NASA estimated that 306 million tonnes (337 million short tons) of CO2 had been emitted.
ClubEsquire-Melina
ClubEsquire-Melina

https://www.stuffology4u.com.au

Back to top Go down

Aussie Bushfires Contained Empty Re: Aussie Bushfires Contained

Post by ladyfur Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:20 am

i am sorry for your loss but glad they are contained now. that is one less worry at least.
i pray you get rains to restore the land and that the surviving animals will heal and repopulate.
ladyfur
ladyfur

Back to top Go down

Post by SophiaTakesFive-Sophia Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:08 am

What a year for Australia!
I've thinking, these days, how glaringly obvious it is that countries (governments really, and us for passively tolerating it) have been putting the money, resources, time, efforts, people, and priorities in the wrong places. If only we could learn the lessons and demand changes from our elected representatives.
SophiaTakesFive-Sophia
SophiaTakesFive-Sophia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum