Vipers Sellers Collective
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Motley Fool is Aptly Named

3 posters

Go down

The Motley Fool is Aptly Named Empty The Motley Fool is Aptly Named

Post by ClubEsquire-Melina Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:24 am

The Motley Fool is indeed that in my opinion. Fancy referring to Etsy as they have in this article...

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/01/08/down-over-40-in-2019-etsy-stock-is-a-buy.aspx

I notice quite a few similar writings wherein the authors refer to Etsy as a ‘Niche Market Seller’ with loads of potential as this ‘unique element’ grows.I think the depth of their research has been no more thorough than reading Etsy’s own hype.
ClubEsquire-Melina
ClubEsquire-Melina

https://www.stuffology4u.com.au

Back to top Go down

The Motley Fool is Aptly Named Empty Re: The Motley Fool is Aptly Named

Post by ladyfur Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:23 am

ok, who paid them off?
ladyfur
ladyfur

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronna Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:20 am

the small print at the end of the article
The Motley Fool owns shares of and recommends Etsy.

Have none of these "stock experts" figured out that GMS is up because sellers are adding the shipping to the item price?

Ronna

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEsquire-Melina Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:36 pm

It would appear not Ronna but if Marianne sees this post she’ll tell you that there is at least one who are right onto it.

The practice will sustain Etsy for a little while, or it may indeed make them look more attractive for a takeover but I think those at that level and charged with due diligence would see it fairly quickly. Long term though, JS will run out of tricks. Look out then because there’ll be a desperate 11th hour ‘big trick’ to pull his backside out of an ever increasing fire.

We have a friend, David, who is super intelligent (Mensa), an intelligence software developer, who has made a fortune out of stocks - millions. He’s had an in depth look at Etsy and while a lot of it is over my head I do understand when he says, “The legislative breaches alone should have been enough to shut this company down years ago.” But, go figure - nothing has happened. I also understand this, “Etsy will find itself in a multitude of high beams sometime this year, or perhaps early next year and the crash is going to be spectacular. The goose at the top won’t stop it from happening. He’s not smart enough. The only thing that will save Etsy now is a ‘friendly’ takeover.” Those are David’s predictions in an email to me about 2 months ago.

Anyway we’ll see Ronna. How are you going by the way? Settled in comfortably?
ClubEsquire-Melina
ClubEsquire-Melina

https://www.stuffology4u.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronna Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:26 am

Hi Melina .. settling in at the forums and still finding my way around, hope you're well and safe. I'm working on my website and selling on venues that are not Etsy  Very Happy

Your friend David is spot on and so is Sydney Schuster. I also believe that a takeover will happen and the most likely entity for that takeover is Facebook (for many reasons)   

You would think that C-level mgmt at Etsy has figured it out by now that you cannot manipulate millions of sellers into doing what you want and managing by fear + coercion will not work out long term.  *sigh*

Ronna

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyfur Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:48 am

that would be like the washington post being expected to write an article critical of amazon! ain't gonna happen. geesh.
ladyfur
ladyfur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum