Vipers Sellers Collective
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corina Virus - Tom Hanks

+3
SophiaTakesFive-Sophia
CCO-Simone
ClubEsquire-Melina
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Corina Virus - Tom Hanks Empty Corina Virus - Tom Hanks

Post by ClubEsquire-Melina Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:10 pm

Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson have both tested positive to Corona Virus.

Authorities are believed to have been trying to keep it under wraps but a leaking leaker leaked the leaky leakage yesterday. I believe the media is on it today.

I wasn’t aware they were visiting downunder. They are both quarantined in a Gold Coast (not disclosed) hospital.

This is as close as I want it to get to us. The Gold Cost is about 40 miles from where we live.

Since early this week authorities in Brisbane have been commandeering buildings in front of the expected onslaught to act as makeshift emergency treatment centres and quarantine centres. Updates today are very bleak.
ClubEsquire-Melina
ClubEsquire-Melina

https://www.stuffology4u.com.au

Back to top Go down

Corina Virus - Tom Hanks Empty Re: Corina Virus - Tom Hanks

Post by CCO-Simone Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:25 am

Tom Hanks was working on a film of some sort I think Smile
CCO-Simone
CCO-Simone

Back to top Go down

Post by SophiaTakesFive-Sophia Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:33 am

Things are getting bad in Canada (Montreal) also. Montreal is the largest, most populated, city in the proving of Quebec and today they've announced that all public buildings (swimming pools, community centers, libraries, etc.) are closing as of tomorrow. Retired doctors & nurses are being recalled in the provinces of Quebec and Ontario.

Now I have a question related to selling. Today I was giving a shipping cost estimate to a potential customer who lives in Australia: he could choose between 1) tracked parcel with maximum coverage of CA$100.00 (way under the price of the purchase he's contemplating) with a delivery time is about 12 business days, and 2) surface parcel, complete insurance coverage, but not tracking (delivery time is between 1 to 3 months).
Then I thought that if he were to choose the surface parcel shipping, what if in 1 to 3 months time, when the boat arrives, his country has closed its borders?

Is any of you dealing with this? What are you doing? putting your shops in vacation? notifying the customers that if parcel takes a very long time to get to its destination, parcels might be held somewhere?
SophiaTakesFive-Sophia
SophiaTakesFive-Sophia

Back to top Go down

Post by SophiaTakesFive-Sophia Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:45 am

OK, got some answers. I just saw the post from Vintageable and the email she received with some advice to sellers and doing business while this health crisis is going on.
SophiaTakesFive-Sophia
SophiaTakesFive-Sophia

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEsquire-Melina Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:12 pm

Thanks Vintageables, I'll be searching for your post shortly.

I don't want to alarm anyone but I think most of us already seeing some fairly drastic changes in normal day to day commerce in our own local communities. It's not uncommon here now to see people wearing disposable gloves in public - if you can get them. People are noticeably protecting their own personal space. Shopping centres have quieted substantially. Coffee houses, restaurants (empty here) and anything to do with the hospitality industry are feeling the brunt severely. Some health carers have already taken extended sick leave. Traffic is definitely much less.

Panic won't help but being prepared will and I think over the next few months a new norm (temporary) will set in. It's going to be hard to predict anything with any accuracy. Best guestimate will most likely become part of the new norm. For those still selling it's going to be very hard for a while I think, especially when some of the expected major disruptions take affect.

All we can do is think ahead as best we can and prepare accordingly. Some will get it right. Some won't and that is the nature of the beast we are dealing with. And it is a beast. Most here in Australia have a brave face on but are very, very concerned. Most are being seen to take added sanitary precautions. The scary part of this is that some aren't. Some have adopted a very devil may care attitude about it all. They are the ones that unknowingly (carelessly) become discipled to the virus and spread the 'good word' so to speak.

Tough times ahead for those who do care so for those who don't they may as well make their own funeral arrangements I think. Sadly that means the funerals of others too.
ClubEsquire-Melina
ClubEsquire-Melina

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEsquire-Melina Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:08 pm

Just an update for you all and it’s quantified. It may of may not be particular to just Australia.

It was very solidly reinforced today that...

We won’t escape it. Measures in place will just stagger (hopefully) the outbreak of infections. There will still be that horrible peak at different times in different countries. May-June in Australia, they think!

It will infect 40-50% of the population. The accuracy of this data was reinforced. On this data it is expected that at least one member of most families will become infected.

If I hear anything that I think might not be out there I’ll certainly let you all know.

Be safe.
ClubEsquire-Melina
ClubEsquire-Melina

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyfur Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:15 am

panic is the worst thing anybody can do. this is not 1918. we have resources and they are working on a treatment for this. people need to be sensible. somebody wants all this chaos. i'm sure most people will be exposed eventually but most won't die from it. just protect the most vulnerable first and the rest should be relatively safe.
ladyfur
ladyfur

Back to top Go down

Post by CCO-Simone Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:35 am

Agreed Sil / ladyfur. Proactivity not reactivity, build up your own immune system, isolate yourself as much as you can, wear a mask and sunglasses if you go out in a place where there are confirmed cases or even if none are reported yet. Wear more protective gear if you feel the need so you minimise the spread. 
If you know elderly people who may not have family nearby ask if they would like you to go shopping for them, or show them how to order food etc on the internet so it is delivered to their doorstep.
Kindness, thoughtfulness and a sense of personal responsibility will go a long way in minimising the damage the virus will cause.

Last edited by CCO-Simone on Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:32 am; edited 2 times in total
CCO-Simone
CCO-Simone

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEsquire-Melina Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:03 pm

I picked this up on Facebook. Submitted by a lady called Chris Mercer. I think it’s a good read.

She begins...

Best explanation I’ve seen to date ...! I found this on a support group I’m part of for medical and nursing staff in wales to get through it . Interesting read and the actual truth because YOUR CONSPIRACY THEORIES ARE KILLING ME...! 🙈

Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than Seasonal flu?  Here it is in a nutshell.   I hope this helps.  Feel free to share this to others who don’t understand...   

It has to do with RNA sequencing....  I.e. genetics.

Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”.  The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system.  This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year...  you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.  

Novel viruses, come from animals....  the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu).  But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then it’s a problem,  Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity.. the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it so, we can’t fight it off. 

Now.... sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years it’s only transmission is  from an infected animal to a human before  it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human... once that happens..we have a new contagion phase.  And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, thats what decides how contagious, or how deadly it’s gonna be..

H1N1 was deadly....but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu.    It’s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.  

Fast forward. 

Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people.  At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human.   Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket.  And this was because, Humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs..

That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza....  this one is slippery AF.   And it’s a lung eater...And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

We really have no tools in our shed, with this.  History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics.  Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu. 

Factoid:  Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Black Plague passed...(honestly...I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation...

And let me end by saying....right now it’s hitting older folks harder... but this genome is so slippery...if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next.  

Be smart folks...  acting like you’re unafraid is so not sexy right now.  

#flattenthecurve.  Stay home folks...  and share this to those that just are not catching on.
ClubEsquire-Melina
ClubEsquire-Melina

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyfur Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:42 pm

interesting. henry the eighth was still a monster so that part was not a positive to me.
already one world politician is trying to use this to stay in power when he has no right to. Sad it's crp lilke that sort of thing that adds to the theory this was no accident but something deliberate that went wrong... 

when some country starts to say we can't hold elections this year you will have the answer as to what is behind this, or at least who is exploiting this to the hilt.

i will continue to say this is a bioweapon that was either leaked by accident or unleashed outside of an active war.

regardless, the whole planet is working on trying to solve this and somebody will. the person who does will be labeled a hero. 

i just hate all the insanity. it has been bad enough here since november, 2016. we did not need this now, an election year, nor did the rest of the planet. 

panic is just what whoever is behind this wants. people get more ill if they are scared. and a virus that has people scared of human contact will demoralize faster than the illness itself. isolation kills. this is well known. so if people are quarantining they should at least keep very active online or by phone to keep a sense of connection. 

i have survived double pneumonia and pleurisy at the same time with no antibiotics because i had become immune. i went total homeopathy. if it was good enough hundreds, thousands of years ago it is still good now.

stay positive. don't expect to succumb. figure you will be exposed unless you are in a bubble. just be sensible and eat well and keep fluids up and get enough rest. cover your face if you hear anybody coughing in public. don't get paranoid. most people will survive this.
ladyfur
ladyfur

Back to top Go down

Post by SophiaTakesFive-Sophia Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:31 am

Just a note on health warnings in Canada: the people who are most at risk are those with high blood pressure, cardiovascular diseases, and diabetes. Besides the obvious pulmonary and immune deficiency diseases. And people over 70-year old have been told to stay at home now.

In Canada, the shelters for the homeless are run by volunteers and when these volunteers stop going to help at the shelters (because of health reasons or that they're in the "at risk" groups), the government is considering having soldiers to this type of work.

The scarry part for the soldiers in Canada is that our army is extremely under-funded and I bet that the soldiers will have no gloves, and no masks to work with.
SophiaTakesFive-Sophia
SophiaTakesFive-Sophia

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyfur Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:42 am

latest from my old hsbf, the musician in sonoma county, calif. he is not happy.
'San Francisco and all bay area counties- near curfew, only essential travel permitted, may go to complete lockdown.

All gatherings of more than 10 people banned here in SoCo.

Libraries closed, all bars and wineries closed(thanks to that fascist dimwit governor Goodhair)

The panic is worse than the disease; stores with empty shelves, some people's savings nearly wiped out.

Stay well!'

i'm not commenting on his opinion of our governor, who is not a fascist. 
ladyfur
ladyfur

Back to top Go down

Post by CCO-Simone Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:48 am

As a side note, where is the article from Vintageables... I can’t find it? Thanks I love you
CCO-Simone
CCO-Simone

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyfur Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:01 am

simone, maybe on the other thread?
we need to laugh to not scream and this guy is brilliantly funny. enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CCW4Xnp_sQ
ladyfur
ladyfur

Back to top Go down

Post by CCO-Simone Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:12 am

Thanks Sil! I’ll check out your link too I love you

___

This guy is brilliant re Covid 19 - and has an important video re having a temperature https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuWo5lmWuZI
CCO-Simone
CCO-Simone

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintageables Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:00 am

Dallas is finally seeing the light but what the Mayor said, that the local restrictions are first in the nation is total bull.  This was the fool who had to be bullied online to stop the annual St. Patrick's Day Parade which attracts over 120,000 people.  After he cancelled it, a few days later he said 500 or below people in one setting is ok.  And now it's 50.  Our city is run by idiots.

I have the feeling that young and youngish people don't feel the need to cramp their style because of the corona virus.  Since most of them won't get it they go on as if nothing is happening, such as using the dirt-cheap fares to fly to faraway places.  Going to bars, though this has been stopped in major cities.  
I don't think in the US people are pulling together.  It's a "me first" attitude, and this will hurt all of us.

What does my husband and I do?  We stay home.  Except for the occasional run to the grocery store which we would gladly not do but even curbside delivery is now hopelessly late.  For example, we ordered groceries yesterday.  We will be able to pick them up this coming Thursday between 11:30 and midnight!  So, 4 days from yesterday.  Whole Foods which is owned by Amazon and shortly after the acquisition touted their 2-hour grocery deliveries now is overwhelmed.  They just won't deliver.  So, my husband had no choice but to go there today. He wore a mask and gloves.  Our city water is not drinkable (medical waste, chlorine, fluoride, you name it, it has it), so we need to refill our glass bottles with cleaned water at WFoods.  Our dog drinks only purified water as well.  I wish we had a water purifier at the house but it would have to be installed into the water line, requiring a plumber.
While we seem to be ok with groceries and basic things such as toilet paper (Amazon delivers this) the 401K is shot to hell.  Not good when one is not young.  Meanwhile there are plenty of people out there who don't have a clue what is going on or simply feel that since it won't affect them, to hell with the others.
I need to stay away from the NYTimes, TheGuardian, and others as these non-stop depressing news are giving me permanent stress.

Vintageables

Back to top Go down

Post by CCO-Simone Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:27 am

This bloke is starting to get info in from around the world and will be keeping people updated with what is really going on it seems. I really do think mainstream media is next to useless; just my thoughts though 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwud3erzV68&list=PLPT_cCpNMvT6zvDg_sDqOJaZkIMxtH89D&index=2&t=0s
CCO-Simone
CCO-Simone

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintageables Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:48 am

this is what 20-30 year olds had to say outside a restaurant, when asked did they not know about the Corona virus: 
Joanne Wasserman, a 65-year-old communications consultant, tried to break the monotony of days indoors on Sunday by going for a walk through her Brooklyn neighborhood. While she took care to avoid crowds, she was surprised to see a gaggle of people in their 20s and 30s standing outside a packed restaurant. 
“I was shocked,” she said. Heart racing, she summoned the courage to confront them, asking, “Are you guys are aware of what’s going on?” 
The response was sudden and severe, she recalled: “We are trying to have a nice Sunday, so why don’t you just fuck off!”

Vintageables

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintageables Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:49 am

Above really needs no explanation.  Unfortunately, we here in there US are far more divided than we think we are.

Vintageables

Back to top Go down

Post by CCO-Simone Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:36 pm

Here is an actual person and his wife who are positive for Covid 19 - a calm video not with any agenda or media influence... I hope it helps those who are worrying about the unknown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2E1t3yMXgE
CCO-Simone
CCO-Simone

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEsquire-Melina Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:20 pm

Pure fiction of course but can you believe it!!

Corina Virus - Tom Hanks 47ff1610
Corina Virus - Tom Hanks E5d26810
Corina Virus - Tom Hanks 3c96f410
ClubEsquire-Melina
ClubEsquire-Melina

Back to top Go down

Post by CCO-Simone Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:57 pm

... and a young persons perspective  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PLQ5LomliU
CCO-Simone
CCO-Simone

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyfur Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:52 pm

when was that book written?
ladyfur
ladyfur

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEsquire-Melina Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:33 pm

First published in 1981.

It’s all fiction but isn’t the correlation just eerie.
ClubEsquire-Melina
ClubEsquire-Melina

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintageables Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:49 pm

Yes, it is very eerie.

Vintageables

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content