Vipers Sellers Collective
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corina Virus - Tom Hanks

+3
SophiaTakesFive-Sophia
CCO-Simone
ClubEsquire-Melina
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Corina Virus - Tom Hanks - Page 2 Empty Re: Corina Virus - Tom Hanks

Post by SophiaTakesFive-Sophia Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:16 am

The host of a radio talk-show here was talking about that book book a few days ago; apparently, the author had Russia as the villain in his draft, but because the political situation was changing at that time, he replaced it with China as the next villain. It is eerie.
Thanks Simone, I'll watch the video from the alternative media. I find that the mainstream media, here anyway, are so often inaccurate, they panic people. And I'm like Vintageables, I try to listen as little as possible because the way the information is delivered it boosts my body (the tone of their voice, rythm, higher pitch, and urgency) it does something, don't know what, to my body; breathing and heartbeat.
Unlike in the States, there is a very strong sense of people belonging to a community, and members helping each other. The prime minister yesterday was asking Canadians to start looking at those living around us who are vulnerable by, for example, asking our elderly neighbours to do their shopping for them.
SophiaTakesFive-Sophia
SophiaTakesFive-Sophia

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEsquire-Melina Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:07 pm

Karma is good!!

Corina Virus - Tom Hanks - Page 2 8da37810
ClubEsquire-Melina
ClubEsquire-Melina

https://www.stuffology4u.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintageables Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:15 pm

I am glad this stuff is doing some good elsewhere instead of lining his pocket.  He already made a cool $80,000 on these items.  Like him, there are many vultures out there profiting at a time when they should help their fellow citizen.  Amazon suspended his selling privileges; I am sure Ebay did too.  He had to be incredibly dense to think that anyone would feel sympathy after he was interviewed by the NYTimes.  Greedy and entitled.  

Supposed good news: we can finally expect some testing stations around the country.  Never mind that Singapore did this in early February.  The US has stockpiled respirators and other equipment.  They need to give this up because no state has enough respirators.  NYC is going to be in bad shape if many people need ICU  beds and respirators.  This is why Italy was so bad compared to countries in the Far East.  South Korea tested over 3000 people/per million, while Italy tested just 800 people/per million.  The US didn't test at all or very, very little.  We can expect the real numbers to skyrocket.  Let's just hope that people can be tested and everyone stays home.

Vintageables

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyfur Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:45 pm

i'm glad that soulless cretin got caught! he should have to refund everyone he conned.
ladyfur
ladyfur

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyfur Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:46 pm

that book was written in 1981? holy...
ladyfur
ladyfur

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyfur Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:47 pm

either someone time travelled or someone read that book and decided to make it happen. Sad
ladyfur
ladyfur

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEsquire-Melina Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:22 pm

The tragedy of the deaths aside we have some awful and disgusting behaviour presenting itself here downunder.

It’s a long list but this morning I was reading about the ‘poor bugger me’s’ who are complaining bitterly.

Govco is doing a pretty good job in my opinion and have arranged for ‘handouts’ for those in society most financially vulnerable. Now we have all the greedy splinter groups and ‘what’s about me’s’ castigating Govco and those intended for the handouts because they’ve been left out even though there’s no legitimate reason for them to be included. Oh, and these are people who don’t contribute to the public purse in the first place. They take from it and have been for years and years.

My fellows embarrass us all.
ClubEsquire-Melina
ClubEsquire-Melina

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEsquire-Melina Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:28 pm

And now we’ve got this...

Australian authorities are trying to track down a Chinese woman, tested positive to C19, who went missing but has since been video’d spitting on produce.

And...

A young (late teens, early 20’s) Caucasian man video’d licking bottles of soft drink (I think it was soft drink).. He was approached by a store manager and is believed to have said, “Who’s afraid of the virus. It won’t kill me’.

These are just two of hundreds of similar incidents (one male taking caps off and spitting in bottles etc) that authorities are trying to track down.

When they catch them, which they will, would death by C19 injection be too harsh a penalty. I think not. Despicable, antisocial, oxygen thieving grubs!!
ClubEsquire-Melina
ClubEsquire-Melina

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEsquire-Melina Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:49 pm

Interesting story below about a little town called Vo, in Italy. It’s right in the midst of C19 but appears to have beaten it. Sure, just a small populace but nonetheless, they did things right.

There’s lots of hope especially if our own authorities were to model containment and eradication methods on Vo. That is, provided the horse hasn’t already bolted.

Chins up peeps If Vo can, we can :-)

https://euobserver.com/coronavirus/147848
ClubEsquire-Melina
ClubEsquire-Melina

Back to top Go down

Post by SophiaTakesFive-Sophia Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:23 am

Melina, I bet the people caught on video doing those despicable acts (they should, by the way, be injected as you say, but not with Covid-19 if they're immune, rather with something to which they are not) are in the age group called "Y", or "Millenials", or as we say here the "me, myself, and I" age group.

We've had the same problems here in Canada with that age group, not as extreme as those you're mentioning, but bad enough that the country's prime minister and several provincial prime ministers have had to go on TV and give them shit for their self-centered, irresponsible, attitude.
SophiaTakesFive-Sophia
SophiaTakesFive-Sophia

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyfur Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:03 am

great news about vo. i shared that on fnb since our posters are international.
ladyfur
ladyfur

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEsquire-Melina Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:11 pm

Sadly, we are well into the curve now and heading towards the predicted 3.2 times the number of infections every three days. We’re at 2 times right now.

Perhaps this will make it real for some people, or do they first need to see the tragedy of death in a similar trajectory?

I’m sure now that the armed forces will be called upon, sooner or later. The sooner the better I think. People just will not do what is expected of them. It’ll be a minority of dead-heads, but a large minority. Enough to tip the scales well in favour of C19.
ClubEsquire-Melina
ClubEsquire-Melina

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEsquire-Melina Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:57 pm

Prince Charles infected. I hope his mum hasn’t been exposed. She’s a bit too old now to fight something like this.
ClubEsquire-Melina
ClubEsquire-Melina

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEsquire-Melina Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:27 pm

Our neighbours at the back of us are a couple in their early 60’s with grown up kids.

It’s been quiet so we thought we’d better check. Both have C19 and are hospitalised. Their daughter as well who lives on her own away from them. She is isolated at home at this stage. She’s about 34 years old.

The good news is that authorities are saying, as a result of new modelling, that C19 is not behaving the same here in Australia, as it is in other affected countries. So far it is less invasive.

I’m hoping their model is right but you can’t help thinking that we just haven’t felt the full brunt of it yet.

My best wishes to everyone in and outside of Australia. May you stay healthy and unaffected by this rotten thing.
ClubEsquire-Melina
ClubEsquire-Melina

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianTextileStudio-Sally Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:30 pm

Wow Melina, how terrible, your neighbours have it. Hope they are OK.
My friends in the UK think that far more people have it than is estimated. It still seems that the Germans are on top of it with intensive testing since the beginning!
Here in Thailand they have pretty much locked down the country, so if more people catch it god knows how they are getting it. Singapore seems pretty much on top of it. One more lockdown next week to try and stop things spreading from imported cases when people came back pre airport shut down.
Now I have to try and check if international air mail is still going, as there have been a number of reports that all packages are going by sea even if sent by air !!

AsianTextileStudio-Sally

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEsquire-Melina Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:14 pm

Our neighbours are doing well and will not become statistics, although she who has severe rheumatoid arthritis is suffering badly. The virus attacks all the weak points.

But honestly, what chance have we got when you’ve got this happening...

Corina Virus - Tom Hanks - Page 2 9c6a2810
Corina Virus - Tom Hanks - Page 2 E1dde210
Corina Virus - Tom Hanks - Page 2 894d6d10
ClubEsquire-Melina
ClubEsquire-Melina

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEsquire-Melina Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:21 pm

These markets by the way, cater to stalls of more than just fruit and vege’s. Almost everything is available.

They are held in a suburb called Newstead and the venue is huge, catering to thousands. The pic was a small sample at one of many entrances.

At first I thought it was an old pic - a fraud, but after a bit of research, there you have it.

This is contrary to strict Fed Govco dictate (legislation actually) that we shall not gather in souls of more than three. State Health here seems to have a different idea, but how they defy the Feds legislation I just don’t know.

Does my tiny brain in!!

PS...Notice the date on the letter - 17 March. I’m betting that letter is no longer valid and State Health have bungled advising Powerhouse that the markets were no longer able to proceed.
ClubEsquire-Melina
ClubEsquire-Melina

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianTextileStudio-Sally Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:11 pm

Wow should have sent the Singaporeans there they would have cleaned the place out. Problem solved. Last night my daughter tried to go shopping about 6.30pm. Nothing left !
Singapore has announced a lockdown until end of April because of some locally transmitted cases. People are in panic mode again. They'll be fine by Monday !
Thais couldn't panic buy if they tried. You can see some trying really hard. Epic failure!

AsianTextileStudio-Sally

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEsquire-Melina Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:09 pm

Jeanette Young and the Health Minister are both ducking for cover tonight but are defending their actions and blaming markets management for not enforcing distancing criteria. Someone needs to ask how you do that when you’ve got thousands of people traipsing through in a six hour period - stupid, lobotomised people!

It seems the pressure is now on to trace and locate all who attended the markets for C19 testing.

Can you believe This?

Also, police are furious because they’re handing out $1,000 fines for offenders who breach distancing criteria or congregate in groups more than three.

This is a major and dangerous cluster#@&%.

But the people. I can’t comprehend the careless stupidity!!
ClubEsquire-Melina
ClubEsquire-Melina

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyfur Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:42 pm

melina, that is madness. good luck! i hope that's not near you.
ladyfur
ladyfur

Back to top Go down

Post by SophiaTakesFive-Sophia Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:27 am

Today, my spouse was telling me about a special news report he has been watching on TV. About the fragile relationship male--female. There has been an increase in violence, especially against women.

I remember a psychology class I took once, where the teacher was telling us that reducing the space between animals (rats in this case) by cramming them in a small cage increases violence, dominance fights. We're the same.

In France, apparently there's a 30% increase in domestic violence (lots of women are calling the cops); confined people in more or less small indoor spaces.

In Canada, the government is transferring 10 M$ to women centers & shelters across the country; because they see it coming so they want to be prepared.
SophiaTakesFive-Sophia
SophiaTakesFive-Sophia

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyfur Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:17 pm

sophia, that was my fear. not that people would be bored, but the potential for violence. as a survivor the very first thought i had upon hearing of a lockdown was damn, all those likely victims trapped with monsters. my second thought was all those babies in 9 months... 

i hope they have made provisions for the safety of victims of both genders. remember, not all abuse victims are female. and some are children.
ladyfur
ladyfur

Back to top Go down

Post by ClubEsquire-Melina Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:14 pm

We have lots of oldies in our area (I guess I’m one of them ... lol) so on our road today at 11am we organised our first ‘Kyncare’ meet. Know Your Neighbours & Care - we were all out the front on the road and footpath, waving to each other. It extended from one hill to the other. We’re in the centre, in a valley.

A piece of paper was circulated starting from the top of the hill, with No. 1 written on it, name and contact particulars. On it went down the road and back up again. Then copies were made and circulated in the same way.

All of this took Nearly an hour, so there was a lot of good natured shouting and shenanigans going on to fill in the time. It was wonderful. We’ve committed to doing this at 11am each Sunday - making sure we’re all ok. Different people have volunteered to do different things.

A small thing in the bigger picture but it was really comforting for us and we enjoyed the good hearted Tom Foolery. It took the pressure off for a while.

Community can be wonderful sometimes :-)
ClubEsquire-Melina
ClubEsquire-Melina

Back to top Go down

Post by kolablue Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:51 am

wow this is so informative thanks for share this!  ClubEsquire-Melina wrote:I picked this up on Facebook. Submitted by a lady called Chris Mercer. I think it’s a good read.

She begins...

Best explanation I’ve seen to date ...! I found this on a support group I’m part of for medical and nursing staff in wales to get through it . Interesting read and the actual truth because YOUR CONSPIRACY THEORIES ARE KILLING ME...! 🙈

Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than Seasonal flu?  Here it is in a nutshell.   I hope this helps.  Feel free to share this to others who don’t understand...   

It has to do with RNA sequencing....  I.e. genetics.

Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”.  The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system.  This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year...  you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.  

Novel viruses, come from animals....  the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu).  But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then it’s a problem,  Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity.. the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it so, we can’t fight it off. 

Now.... sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years it’s only transmission is  from an infected animal to a human before  it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human... once that happens..we have a new contagion phase.  And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, thats what decides how contagious, or how deadly it’s gonna be..

H1N1 was deadly....but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu.    It’s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.  

Fast forward. 

Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people.  At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human.   Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket.  And this was because, Humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs..

That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza....  this one is slippery AF.   And it’s a lung eater...And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

We really have no tools in our shed, with this.  History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics.  Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu. 

Factoid:  Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Black Plague passed...(honestly...I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation...

And let me end by saying....right now it’s hitting older folks harder... but this genome is so slippery...if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next.  

Be smart folks...  acting like you’re unafraid is so not sexy right now.  

#flattenthecurve.  Stay home folks...  and share this to those that just are not catching on.
kolablue
kolablue

Back to top Go down

Post by kolablue Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:58 am

It has become so bad here in Michigan, that I am afraid even to go to the mailbox at the end of my driveway!

It has rapidly spread in our downtown metro area! We do have some areas that are very poor. They were unable to pay their water bills so the city shut down the water I think it was back in December? 
Somebody here brought to those stupid people if they don't have water how are they suppose to wash? They finally turned it on for them last week, but now it is to late!
They turned our huge area into a hospital and some ice arena into a morgue! 
OMG .........over 200 people passed away in just a few hours!
kolablue
kolablue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum